I haven't been to Balboa Island since college and the bf has never been so we ventured out there a few weekends ago. The weather was perfect for it! We ate at Picante Martin's, which had really good tacos. We of course had to get a frozen banana. It's a must at Balboa Island. There's also a candy store for those with a sweet tooth! It's a pretty small place but I always enjoy walking along the beach and playing the game of 'which beach house would you want if you lived here'. Some of these beach houses are so classic and cute, while others are so modern and chic. If you're playing Pokemon Go, this is definitely a hot spot. While walking along the beach, I saw people of all ages playing. It's still so crazy to me how big this game is.
Summer always puts me in a mood to go out and do more. Maybe it's the weather? California weather has that affect and I like having fun productive summers! Here are some things in the OC/LA area that you can check out this summer. Some of these events are during the summer only so be sure to check the dates!
- Move night at Dodger Stadium
- Free Jazz night at LACMA
- The fairly new Pacific City has a wide variety of restaurants & stores with occasional live music nights
- Free weekly concerts at the Santa Monica Pier
- Enjoy a night at the Long Beach Aquarium for adults
- Watch a movie at the Hollywood Cemetery
- Free movie nights at the Segerstrom Center
- Lastly, nothing gets better than having a picnic and hanging out at the beach!